Fannish Fifty #32: Ramona Milano IG post
Aug. 20th, 2026 05:43 pmRamona Milano is still acting, but has also worked as an acting coach for a while, and she posted this to her IG today:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DcRgEGVSVL_/
Personally I find it sad that young actors are falling for trending socmed bullshit instead of being in love with improving their craft.
But that seems to be true of young people across all job sectors these days... so I guess it's not surprising/was inevitable that it would happen in the arts as well.
Sigh. Algorithms are making people crazy in more ways than one.
Everybody is not in your socmed feed. Literally millions if not billions of people's opinions about things like movies, TV, theater ARE NOT represented by socmed algorithms.
We've come to think of these online "trends" as "real". But algorithms can be AND ARE gamed. All the time. Mostly to get eyeballs, clicks, and ad revenue.
I'm glad Ramona Milano is telling young actors to stay true to their craft and not trendy buzzwords. I worry for young people, so heavily influenced by socmed. Everything is so manipulated - and manipulable. Especially now with genAI.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-21 01:47 am (UTC)(Shows how NOT "with it" I am -- I thought IG was photography -- that is, photography as photo stills.)
no subject
Date: 2026-08-21 02:47 am (UTC)